Larry's Blog Pages

June 30, 2009

Thank you Simon!!!

When I first saw this photo on the weekend I knew I needed a copy for my inspiration file.

After reading about Simon's previous race, only days before this amazing victory, you would have written most athletes off on such a quick turnaround, mentally and physically. It goes to show just what it takes to be a champion.

We are ever so lucky that Simon continues to be the face of Canadian triathlon and the major factor for the popularity of the sport in our country. I would recommend that you read his blog as well to see how the man ticks away from the sport. His focus on family, friends and fans puts a lot of what is important in life into persepective. Unlike many professional athletes, it's not about the money and the fame. Good on you Simon!

http://simonwhitfield.blogspot.com

No comments: