Time has blown by and we Subaru Series racers only have two more events left on the schedule. A few other competitions are out there after the finale at Guelph Lakes on September 5th, but they are usually out of the way in terms of location for me.
Thankfully, I have used this interweb thing to connect to others in the community and they have tossed out some great ideas to stay active and motivated right up to the snow flies, and beyond. Here are a few things we can do to pass the long 8 or 9 months between Subaru Triathlon/Duathlon races.
1. Learn to swim!!!!!
2. Run a few X-Country races in the fall and early winter.
3. Cycle in some Cyclo-Cross events in the fall.
4. Travel somewhere warm to race in a destination triathlon.
5. Go on a cycling tour for a week or two.
6. Teach a running class at a local running store.
7. Gear up for a late fall marathon/prepare for Boston.
8. Train to build a better base for next season.
9. Take on a part time job to offset your athletic spending.
10. Learn to SWIM!!!
What do you plan on doing during your break from multisport in Ontario?