Larry's Blog Pages

September 10, 2010

Good Things Happening in our Backyard (Meadowvale)

Hi All,

I have been going to a local gym (McFit in Meadowvale) for a few years now, especially, on the colder days. During those visits, I noticed one gentleman that was a fixture on the treadmill, day after day, always putting in a very solid effort. Being the cautious people we are these days in the big city, I never introduced myself and we just went about our workouts not knowing anything about each other, except we both liked to run.

Well, a few weeks ago I was taking my little guy out for a bike ride on the trails of Meadowvale when we came across a charity walk/run at the Community Centre. It was just wrapping up so most of the organizers were packing up the event and loading the vehicles around the site.

I could tell I had just missed a fun run in my neighbourhood so I finally let my curiousity win over my shy side and asked a lady about the event. She told me that her son had organized the 5k walk/run in support of Team Fox and then she pointed over to him. Right away I recognized the fellow as the runner from the gym so I finally introduced myself. He then told me about his great cause and g.ave me some reading material that I would like to pass along via his website.

If you would like to read on about John Buchanan's story, please visit his site...

http://morethanamarathon.wordpress.com

If you have a little extra to donate, please follow the link to help John reach his fund raising goal in support of the fight to find a cure for Parkinson’s Disease.

Thank you so much!
Larry

2 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

Cool - I will check it out and help a local!

LARRY BRADLEY said...

That would be amazing Andrew!

BTW - follow Andrew's link through his name to see a great blog as he prepares for a 5k in a few weeks!
Good Luck Andrew!

Larry