Larry's Blog Pages

December 29, 2014

It's all uphill from here 😁

Well, I guess I have created quite the challenge for myself this year. Man did I ever pack on the holiday weight and now I have to get back to big workout weeks and healthier eating if I have any chance to compete at my standards.
Today is a bad time to start with New Years a few days away but I feel so bloated and out of shape, I have to act now or risk putting on even more. 
The day did not start out well with treats for breakfast before a chicken wing and beer lunch with co-workers. Tasted amazing but just digging the hole even deeper.
So after work I hit the gym and ran and biked a bit each and I was feeling the extra pounds on the frame. Had to cut the run short cause I was feeling every stride in my Achilles and knees. 
Decided to spin on the bike for the rest of the time but even that felt blah.
Got home and told the wife we need to cut a lot of the crap from the diet and then fought off urges to polish of several stocking stuffers.
I won that war tonight and had the World Juniors  to help pass the time.
Felt a bit energized after the game so hit the path for just over 10k at an easy pace.
Let's hope this is the kick in the butt I needed to get back on track!
Happy New Year 2015 to those I do not see between now and Thursday!

No comments: