Larry's Blog Pages

May 21, 2010

May 24 Long Weekend Update

Just received a call from Via Ciclante (Bike Shop in Streetsville, Ontario) and they will be able to pull a huge favour and put together my Argon E114 before the race on Monday. I finally received the DA crank in the mail Friday morning so this was a very last minute request that a few other shops could not accommodate. I totally understand with this being the busy season for them so I do not hold anything against them what so ever. I will just have to hold Via Ciclante a little closer in a loyalty aspect if they are able to pull this off and I can race Victoria's Du come Monday.

To be honest, I was getting worried that I would not compete. The field is looking very strong so I really want to go and see how things are shaping up. I know there will be a few more elites in the race this year so I cannot compare apples to apples in the positioning but my time and placing among non-elite better be improved over last season. It may be a little unrealistic given the fact I will be entering on a bike I have not even tested but I should not use that excuse. I bought this bike as it is faster so I should be able to use improved cycling skills to muscle it to a very comparable time.

In other news, our Falcons' indoor swim sessions have wrapped for the fall/winter and I am pretty happy with my progress. I am not going to be pushing the pace with the big fish of triathlon but I have improved a great deal and have to thank Coach Hans for all the tips and help (and summer home work!!!) he provided over the course of the program. I will now have to find an open water program to jump in with here and there. The schedules are pretty tough to fit into my weekly allocation of free time so I cannot make a solid commitment. The Kelso Open Water folks have a neat little package going so this may be my best option.

On a running note, I put in a very good three week cycle. I was hitting the track paces and getting in all the compulsory aspects of the training. If I am able to keep the weight down for the next few months, I feel good about hitting my short term running goals and think I can push the pace down even more during the summer, leading to the Timberman 70.3.

Well, that is about it for now. Just crossing my fingers for a completed bike tomorrow at 5pm. I can't wait to see the final product as the frame and parts looked fantastic by themselves.

See you in Waterloo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in Waterloo,,,,maiden voyage!!!!!!Ma