Larry's Blog Pages

May 29, 2009

Milton Du is coming soon...

I have not been blogging much in the past as family life and work have left a little time to train and not much else. Hopefully, I can get back into the swing of things with some quick hits and maybe have some people follow my work.

I read a lot of the blogs out there, mostly the Canadian pros like Simon, Kyle and Brent and the likes, to see how the multisport community runs. I am always impressed by the training they are able to achieve in a week but am also amazed at how they tend to change things up a lot and go with the flow for most of their workouts. I think it says a lot about how well they know their bodies and how they know what needs be done during their week to make it a successful training week.

I was following my plan to a "T" earlier this season but a few opportunities have changed things up such as my membership with Fletcher's Meadow Cross Trainers and training with friends. These make the training load much more enjoyable and motivating.

This week was a great week for me leading up to the Milton Du on Sunday. Last Saturday, Tom and I got out to Milton to ride the course and check out the road conditions this year. On Sunday, Tom and I got in a nice and easy long run during the kids nap in the afternoon. Then I had a great TT on Monday, some decent km's on the bike and run on Tuesday and a very fine brick session on Thursday with a PB on one of my home loops (16:29).

After my results from Victoria's a few weeks ago, I am very excited to best my times of last year on some of the courses. Hopefully, one weekend, that will be good enout for the win. Tough to say as you just never know who will show up for an event.

Best of luck to all those heading to Milton this weekend!

Larry Bradley
Age Group Du Guy

No comments: